It is possible to make money online in Nigeria without leaving the comfort of your home. However, you need to work smart and strategically to maximize the income-earning opportunity that abounds – online tutorials, and virtual assistance are examples of sit-at-work jobs one can earn a living from.
For content creators, it is even more interesting as you get paid for your ideas.
Imagine posting the video is a dog shot drinking Pepsicola? Imagine the video was watched by 10000 unique viewers, and the video is monetized, that is a major stress-free income generator. Google’s YouTube has provided the platform for content creators through the Google Adsense feature, to earn some money.
YouTube Partnership Programme in Nigeria
On , you will have a lot of options and ways through which your ideas can be turned into a regular inflow of income. From traditional ads to selling merchandise to memberships for your fans, there are a lot of ways to use your channel and videos to make money.
The YouTube Partner Programme (YPP) lets qualifying creators tap into different ways to earn revenue, gives access
to 1:1 chat and email support, and allows you to use the Copyright Match Tool.
To qualify for the YPP, you need to be in good standing with YouTube, have 4,000 valid public watch hours in the previous 12 months and at least 1,000 subscribers.
Partner Programme is available and have a linked AdSense account.
The benefits of being in the YPP
Once you’re in the programme, you can start earning money from ads and from YouTube Premium subscribers watching your content. You can also explore other revenue streams besides ads, like channel memberships or Super Chat.
Earn ad revenue from display, overlay and video ads that run on your channel. With YouTube Premium, you can earn a portion of a subscriber’s fee when they watch your content.
Create and link an AdSense account
Creating an AdSense account and linking it to your channel is a crucial step toward getting paid on YouTube. Note that if you’re already in the YouTube Partner Program, you can change your linked AdSense account if you need to. You can also monetize more than one YouTube channel using the same AdSense account.
You can create a new AdSense account and link it to your channel:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- In the left menu, select the Monetization tab.
- Click START on the Sign-up for Google AdSense card.
- When you’re asked to, enter your YouTube account password and re-authenticate when required.
- Choose which Google account you would like to use for AdSense.
- Note: if you already use AdSense for other reasons outside of YouTube, sign in with the Google account used with your existing AdSense account.
- You’re now in AdSense. Once here, verify that the email address is correct at the top of the page. If it’s the wrong one, click Use a different account to switch accounts.
- Continue setting up your account. Provide your contact info and submit your AdSense account application.
After following the above steps, you’ll be taken back to YouTube Studio, where you’ll see a message verifying receipt of your AdSense account application. AdSense will inform you via email once your account has been approved, which can take up to several days. Once approved, you’ll see confirmation within YouTube Studio in the Sign up for Google AdSense card that your AdSense account is approved and active.