Writing helpful contents is a great way to share your expertise with other people. To get started, pick a topic that you know a lot about. Then, write out every step of the process from beginning to end. Remember to include any important information the reader should know, including any ingredients or supplies they’ll need. With a few simple tips in mind, you’ll be helping people complete new tasks and reach new goals in no time!
Choose a subject you know a lot about. Your topic can be anything you want it to be. If you’re new to writing how-to articles, it’s a good idea to start with a topic you’re comfortable discussing. If you have any special skills or training, or if you’re really good at doing something, that could be a great start for your first how-to!
- For instance, if you’re really crafty, you might write an article like “How to Turn Bottle Caps into a Picture Frame” or “How to Store Your Yarn.”
- If you work from home, you might write an article like “How to Manage Your Time Working From Home” or “How to find a Work-From-Home Job.”
- If you’re musical, you might decide to write something like “How to Write a Song” or “How to Learn to Play the Piano in 2 Weeks.”
Choose a clear, succinct title. The title should clearly tell the reader what your article will tell them how to do. An easy-to-digest title will give your article an instant advantage over one with a wordy or confusing title. Also, your title should have good grammar and shouldn’t contain any spelling errors.
- Picking your title at the beginning of the writing process can help to keep your article on topic.
- For instance, “How to Play Guitar Like Hendrix” is a better title than “How to Play the Electric Guitar Like Rock Star and 27 Club Member Jimi Hendrix.”
- Also, a title like “How to Change the Oil in a Honda Civic” will give the reader a clear idea of what to expect, whereas a title like “Car Maintenance” is too vague.
Describe different methods if there are multiple ways to do something. Sometimes, you might need to include different methods for accomplishing the same task. This might be because different techniques can be used to reach the same goal, or perhaps there are slightly different versions of the method to get a different result. Either way, make sure each method explains a specific way the process can be done.
- If you’re writing an article on cooking lobster, for example, you can have a method on boiling the lobster and a method on grilling the lobster.
Read more on www.wikihow.com